Monday, March 24, 2008

6 IT Security Quirks

Ok so I've been tagged, and I decided to do an IT Security quirky list;

Here are the rules:

1) Link to the person that tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4) Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs.
5) Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6) Let the fun begin!

1) I need to have some flavor of Unix running on my network at all times, preferably sniffing traffic and running snort.

2) I am willing to sacrifice the speed of my Internet connection so I can run a sniffer, i.e. using a 10 meg hub and plugging my wireless, router, and all my systems into it.

3) Whenever I enter someone else’s house I immediately start to figure out the best way to PWN them.

4) I dislike M$ Windows, however I love using it to tear binaries apart.

5) I have collected a million hand-me-down laptops and PC’s, and still I find myself not having enough computers.

6) I feel the answer to all security related issues is “Just run FreeBSD”!


There...done, now time to tag.

6 comments:

Cate Sia said...

"Nah, just keeping running it..."

Nanna said...

Wow!!!.... That's my boy!! To think seven years ago you didn't know how to turn one of them'thar cumpoolter on let alone how to keep it secure.... That's my boy!!!!!

-goofydaddy said...

I'll be keeping an eye out for #3 when you come over this saturday!

hint: not gonna happen. :-P

e0n said...

lol...sure about that?

-goofydaddy said...

...NO! i'm not sure about that...

and in saying that i have just relegated myself to getting pwn3d.
ORLY? YARLY.

e0n said...

ha! Yeah, the sad truth is that with the current state of things it seems that anyone anywhere can get PWND! at anytime by a skilled attacker.